Wednesday, April 29, 2015

WATER WATER EVERYWHERE - Purse Organizers at Work

WATER WATER EVERYWHERE

I recently had a full bottle of hand sanitizer leak, after failing to notice it cracked after I dropped it. Fortunately it leaked inside my le Mobile® purse organizer.

This led me to perform a little experiment with the various purse organizers I've purchased.

No one plans to have something leak inside their purse; but as we all know accidents happen.
Water bottles, baby bottles, perfume, pens, and make-up, have leaked inside my handbags over the years.    I even had a bottle of vitamin water with a pale purple tint leak into Grey Himalayan Kelly when I neglected to tighten the lid!

I was very curious to see how this experiment would go.

I started with the No Sacrifice® le Mobile.

I filled it up with water, leaving it for 30 minutes; just to see what would happen.


I've put this organiser through the washing machine several times.   I've also scrubbed it with a Mr. Clean eraser, and used rubbing alcohol on it to remove a pen stain.
It's still as good as new.
After 30 minutes, even filled with water; le Mobile® was not leaking!

So how did the others do?
(the following order are according to price; high to low)
le Mobile is second according to price.
First I tried the most expensive organizer; The Jane Finds Baginizer.
It started to leak immediately.
I didn't even get a chance to fill it.

Next up, (according to price from high to low) was the MaiTai insert 
It also leaked immediately, before I could fill it up.

Samorga, too leaked immediately, and being made of felt, it soaked up the water too.
Divide & Conquer leaked like a sieve, with all the water pouring through the bottom.

Bagmate faired better. Although it still leaked, it just leaked slower.

Chameleon Structured readily leaked with water both dripping and pouring out.

Chameleon Unstructured  actually leaked slower than the structured version; but it did start leaking immediately.
Each purse organizer insert; except the le Mobile® leaked.
They also leaked so fast I was unable to get past having to hold them over the sink.
I was able to walk around and hold the le Mobile over my Himalayan Birkin without worry about a  single drop.

 After all isn't protecting the interior of your bags one of the reasons you purchase a purse organizer?
-----------------------------

reblogged from A Real Purse Blog 
purseblogrealpurse-theduchessofh.blogspot/

No comments:

Blog Archive

REVIEWS

NBC-TV/Today Show
Summer Reading Round-Up


Bringing Home the Birkin
top 10 summer reads!

WATCH THE VIDEO:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/24775399#24775399

----------------------------------


NEW YORK TIMES
SUNDAY BOOK REVIEW

May 18, 2008
Bag Man
By CHRISTINE MUHLKE

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/18/books/review/Muhlke-t.html?_r=2&scp=1&sq=michael%20tonello&st=cse&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

ONE STOP MEDIA / PRESS SHOP:

CBS / THE EARLY SHOW

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4044433n

-------------------------------------------

NEW ENGLAND CABLE NEWS
http://www.necn.com/Boston/Arts-Entertainment/Hes-got-the-book-on-Birkin-bags/1209994267.html

-----------------------------------------

BOSTON GLOBE

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/fashion/articles/2008/04/17/bag_man/
-----------------------------------------


PUBLISHERS WEEKLY


http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6547849.html?q=%22michael+tonello%22
-----------------------------------------


USA TODAY

http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/fashion/2008-04-21-birkin-side_N.htm

--------------------------------------