Crocodile skin tote encrusted with 245 diamonds has price tag of £125,000
- Bag is described as 'the rarest and most desirable handbag in the world'
- Made from crocodile skin with white gold clasps and studded with diamonds
- Goes under the hammer in Beverly Hills this month
- May break record £125,000 paid for a red Birkin bag in 2011
- Jane Birkin, after which the bags are named, says they're 'bloody heavy'
- Sharp elbows may be required when this handbag goes under the hammer - because it's the most desirable one in the world.
- Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Lopez and Victoria Beckham are all proud owners of iconic Hermès 'Birkin' bags, and the emergence of this unique version is sure to create a bidding war.The plush accessory is made from crocodile skin with white gold clasps and studded with diamonds, and experts say it could smash the £125,000 world record for a handbag paid in 2011.The bag, which only measures 30cm across, is set to be a record breaker, expected to reach over £125,000But ironically the only person who won't be interested in buying it is Jane Birkin herself - because she doesn't like them.The British actress after which the much sought-after foot-long bags are named famously denounced them as 'bloody heavy' - and said the one she owns hurts her arm.This bag - a 30cm Diamond, Matte Himalayan Nilo Crocodile Birkin Bag - is encrusted with a whopping 245 diamonds and all the fittings are in 18-carat white gold.Experts say the bag, which is in pristine condition, is the most spectacular one ever made by the Parisian fashion house.Victoria Beckham is famously fond of the Hermes design, reportedly owning a collection worth over £1.2 million, while Kim Kardashian has so many that she uses one as a gym bag.It is estimated to fetch $200,000 - around £125,000 - when it goes under the hammer at Heritage Auctions.In 2011 Heritage sold a red Hermes Birkin for just under £125,000, setting a world record at the time.Kathleen Guzman, managing director at Heritage Auctions, which is selling the bag, said: 'A 30cm Diamond Himalayan Birkin is possibly the rarest and most desirable handbag in the world.'This bag is so rare and sought-after that there's a very good chance it could meet or exceed the world record price we saw three years ago.'This is the only time that a bag of this calibre has appeared on the luxury re-sale market. This is a dream piece for the collection of true Hermes aficionados.'The auction will take place on September 23 in Beverly Hills, California.